There was a recent mail discussion about R and MKL math library.
See https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2020-September/013731.html

The last item in the discussion was from Jeroen Ooms and mentioned that both
the Mac package manager Homebrew and Python have removed all dependency on the
Accelerate library "... due to bugs and Apple's (lack of)
maintenance ..."

See this : https://github.com/scipy/scipy/wiki/Dropping-support-for-Accelerate

LAPACK in the Accelerate framework is supposed to be quite outdated.

As far as I know Apple has not provided source of its implementation.

I do know that the macOS implementation of R (provided by the R project) does
not use the Accelerate framework (because of bugs).

Berend Hasselman