Thanks for your report, Rigoberto! Clear and precise reports like
yours, with an example script and an indication of the first release
when working code got broken, make debugging much easier than it would
otherwise be. I think the bug that you describe should be fixed in
today's gretl snapshots. It sounds like you have a known workaround
for the bug -- adding parentheses where they should not be needed --
so maybe your gretl usage is OK for now. Anyway, we'll make sure that
this fix doesn't get broken before the next gretl release, 2024b.

Allin Cottrell