Am 22.07.24 um 23:53 schrieb Cottrell, Allin:
On Mon, Jul 22, 2024 at 5:49 PM Sven Schreiber
<sven.schrei...@fu-berlin.de> wrote:

Am 22.07.2024 um 23:23 schrieb Meridiana GeoTopo:

Sure, thanks for the trouble

Windows 64bits
Gretl 2023c

Well, gretl 2023c isn't released yet, so you're apparently running a snapshot,
but that shouldn't typically be a problem. But which Windows _version_ , like
7, 8, 10, 11?

Can you install any other function package? If not, it's probably best to
re-install gretl itself first.

One further thought. I notice that knn depends on extra and
CvDataSplitter. The 'extra' package is built-in so that shouldn't be a
problem, but maybe there's a problem with auto-downloading
CvDataSplitter if it's not already installed?

Given that using a recent gretl version solved the issue, that means the automatic download of CvDataSplitter and extra (if not already installed) worked. That's great.

But a more informative error message would be useful, I guess. This can either be done on the package or gretl side.

Artur