It’s frustrating when you hit that wall with a specific distro where the basics 
like CPU frequency scaling or trackpad gestures just don't play nice out of the 
box. Seeing that error about the "required sysfs object not found" is a classic 
headache—it usually feels like you're fighting the hardware instead of using it.
It reminds me of a struggle I once had with a home server build. I was trying 
to run everything off a budget 400-Watt power supply 
https://serverorbit.com/power-supplies/network-power/400-watt, and I kept 
getting weird stability issues that I initially blamed on the OS. It turned out 
the unit wasn't providing clean network power to the peripherals under load, 
which caused some of the hardware sensors to flake out, looking exactly like a 
driver issue. Sometimes, what we think is a software limitation is actually a 
deeper power delivery problem.
Given how well Ubuntu handles this specific Acer model, do you think the issue 
with Grml stems from missing kernel modules for this hardware, or is it more of 
a configuration oversight in the base install?
_______________________________________________
Grml mailing list -- [email protected] - To unsubscribe send an email to 
[email protected]
join #grml on irc.freenode.org
grml-devel-blog: http://blog.grml.org/

Reply via email to