Doug McIlroy <d...@cs.dartmouth.edu>:
> It would be well to have the Linux manpages project on board for man macro
> discussions. Is anyone from that project on this mailing list?
>
> If not, they should probably be invited to participate. A job for Peter
> Shafter?

I believe I was the last person to modify the Linux man page macros.
Their current maintainer is not the kind of groff expert to whom it
would occur to modify them; it would work as well to ask me questions
and ask me to push changes through to the project repo, probably.

Please consider contributing to my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/esr
so I can keep the invisible wheels of the Internet turning. Give generously -
the civilization you save might be your own.