commit 3b615aa0fac692a8a24442a14726e71594c5f805
Author: G. Branden Robinson <g.branden.robin...@gmail.com>
Date:   Sat Aug 19 02:53:49 2023 -0500

    [mm]: Fix Savannah #64336 (lost floats at end).

    * contrib/mm/m.tmac: Flush displays at end of input even if they cause
      page breaks.  Inspection of source code suggests that the problem
      dates back to the introduction of the package in groff 1.04,
      1991-11-17.  Our mm stumbled into a pitfall of AT&T compatibility.
      Our Texinfo manual (which did not exist yet in 1991) says: "For
      historical reasons (compatibility with AT&T 'troff'), the end-of-input
      macro exits as soon as it causes a page break if no partially
      collected line remains. ..."

    Fixes <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?64336>.

    Maybe a better design would have been to require end-of-input traps
    (those planted with the `em` request) to explicitly exit with `ex` (or
    `ab`) when they finish their business.  And maybe we should make that
    change in a future groff release (but keep the old behavior in
    "compatibility mode").

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?64336>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/