Hi Deri,

thank you for the swift and helpful response.

I'm happy to confirm that using -P-pa4l works for me too
and am glad that there is more parity between the groff
and device paper format since groff 1.23 as I found the
the options -dpaper=a4l -P-pa4 -P-l somewhat cumbersome
and being able to use a4l for both is very convenient.

Looking forward to seeing further improvements the
deri-gropdf-ng branch brings once it's merged.

If I can help with the -P-l investigation or testing
the deri-gropdf-ng branch please let me know.

Best
Alexis