On Tue, Jan 23, 2024 at 11:32:30AM +0100, Oliver Corff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just happened to notice that the PDF targets of the example documents
> of mom in my /usr/share/doc/groff/examples/mom/ directory (Fedora 39)
> seem to have been compiled without the -k option even though README.txt
> has the example command lines as well as an explicit mention of the -k
> option.

  The example is out of date.  "mom" uses now the '-K utf8'
(generally '-K <encoding>') option.

  See for a history the bug tracker
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=groff
and use the 'Search' window on the left side for bug numbers
64877, 65198, 65199, and 62975.

  See also "Baffling accented glyphs issue" in
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2013-08/msg00135.html
(26 Aug 2023) and later.

> Who can be notified of this issue? Is it the package maintainers at Fedora?

  The maintainer is Peter Schaffter at
http://www.schaffter.ca/mom.
Follow the instructions.