> [looping the groff list back in]

Again I got my wires crossed. Thanks.

> Do you happen to remember _when_ the CSRC got its 4014?  About what
> year?  Did Joe Ossanna have access to one early enough to use it in aid
> of troff development?

I think it was about the time of v6, well after the advent of troff.

> Something else I'm not clear on is whether staff had Teletype
> terminals in their personal offices (before the Blit),

We never had office teletypes. We tried some hefty "portable"
terminals replete with carrying cases. I forget who made them
and they never really caught on. Glass terminals that made
no pretense of portability replaced the model 37s at home.
We had some in offices, too.

> As always I appreciate your patience with the febrile notions of a guy
> who Wasn't There.

Far more than once, you've dug up facts that I had forgotten or--worse--
misremembered.

Doug