Hi Branden,

Is it correct to nest EX/EE within nf/fi?

        $ cat nfi.man
        .TH EXE 7 2024-06-10 alx
        .SH Name
        nf \- EX
        .SH SYNOPSIS
        .nf
        .B #include <foo.h>
        .P
        .EX
        struct {
                int a;
                int b;
        };
        .EE
        .P
        .B #include <bar.h>
        .P
        .B #define BAR \[dq]bar\[dq]
        .fi

Or should I terminate the nf/fi block before entering EX/EE?  I ask
because mandoc(1) is bugging me.  groff(1) seems to do the right thing
--mandoc(1) also seems to do the right thing; it just complains--.

        $ mandoc -Tlint ./nfi.man
        mandoc: ./nfi.man:8:2: STYLE: fill mode already disabled, skipping: EX
        mandoc: ./nfi.man:18:2: STYLE: fill mode already enabled, skipping: fi

$ mandoc -man -Tutf8 ./nfi.man
EXE(7)                 Miscellaneous Information Manual                 EXE(7)

Name
       nf - EX

SYNOPSIS
       #include <foo.h>

       struct {
            int a;
            int b;
       };

       #include <bar.h>

       #define BAR "bar"

alx                               2024-06-10                            EXE(7)

Ingo, should I report a bug to mandoc(1)?

Have a lovely day!
Alex

--
<https://www.alejandro-colomar.es/>