On 8/12/14, 11:08 AM, Wainwright, Josh wrote:
Thanks for the prompt response Justin. We are working with protein fragments
with between 1 and 3 helices.

I've noticed that Anirban Ghosh made a tutorial based on yours, and he used
Gromos43a1 for a GPCR (7 helices) in bacterial membranes (POPC in his case, as
opposed to DPPC in your case with the model KALP-15 protein). Do you think 43a1
is a good alternative, or is there any other forcefield you would recommend?

43A1 or 54A7 would probably be better.

I've also seen people recommend CHARMM36.

CHARMM36 has excellent lipid parameters, better than Berger for most
observables.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences