On 11/18/14 10:38 AM, Adriana Garro wrote:
Dear gromacs users,

I am working in a system composed by a protein in a solvated box. It is a
coarse-grained model (Martini ff). The protein has an amyloid part
(strand-loop-strand), at first I tried to simulated this without restraints
but the structure collapsed, then I used position restraints as a result it
kept the structure but due to the type of restraint I applied it is fix in
the box  without possibility of motion (translate, rotate). I was reading
and maybe using dihedral restraints I can solve this problem. Someone knows
if it is possible?

Sure it is. See manual section 4.3.4 and Table 5.5. There's an online how-to at http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Dihedral_Restraints but it may be outdated. See if it works (the manual seems to indicate that it is easier than what is stated there) and please suggest changes if it doesn't!

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy