Hi Tsjerk,

You're right. It's just that the last time I used a sed or awk script of my own composition was in college, which is ~13 years ago. :))

So, this is still an undertaking for someone like me. But yes, what you said is well taken. Lack of knowledge/desire to rename atoms in text files shouldn't hinder research.

I do think that having a person such as yourself of Justin on my team to implement what I have in mind would speed things up tremendously, but noone seems to be interested, hint-hint. ;)

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Writing a sed oneliner is not the same as writing a renaming script. I commonly use them to process PDB files in some way and it's surprising how much you can do without scripting.

Cheers,

Tsjerk