On 4/19/15 9:53 PM, Ming Tang wrote:
Dear all,

I am doing an umbrella simulation, and come across the following error.

Command line:
   g_wham -it tpr-files.dat -if pullf-files.dat -o -hist -unit kCal -b 2000

Found 27 tpr and 27 pull force files in tpr-files.dat and pullf-files.dat,
respectively
Reading 13 tpr and pullf files
Automatic determination of boundaries...

Program g_wham, VERSION 5.0.4
Source code file: /home/tm/Downloads/gromacs/src/gromacs/gmxana/gmx_wham.cpp,
line: 1767

Fatal error:
. Should be tpr, xvg, or pdo.0.tpr

Is this a copy/paste problem or is this really what the line said? The error message should be "Unknown file of type (something). Should be tpr, xvg, or pdo." Note the "0.tpr" that is tacked on to the end and the lack of preceding text. Any weird line endings in your tpr-files.dat file? Check and run dos2unix if needed. The presence of "0.tpr" somewhat suggests the very first line is causing a problem, even though it appears gmx wham understands how many files it should find; it just can't determine the right file names/types.

-Justin

tpr-files.dat:
umbrella0.tpr
umbrella137.tpr
umbrella155.tpr
umbrella163.tpr
umbrella169.tpr
umbrella174.tpr
umbrella179.tpr
umbrella185.tpr
umbrella199.tpr
umbrella206.tpr
umbrella223.tpr
umbrella239.tpr
umbrella257.tpr
umbrella275.tpr
umbrella291.tpr
umbrella308.tpr
umbrella324.tpr
umbrella344.tpr
umbrella369.tpr
umbrella383.tpr
umbrella392.tpr
umbrella422.tpr
umbrella450.tpr
umbrella463.tpr
umbrella479.tpr
umbrella497.tpr
umbrella499.tpr

pullf-files.dat
pullf0.xvg
pullf137.xvg
pullf155.xvg
pullf163.xvg
pullf169.xvg
pullf174.xvg
pullf179.xvg
pullf185.xvg
pullf199.xvg
pullf206.xvg
pullf223.xvg
pullf239.xvg
pullf257.xvg
pullf275.xvg
pullf291.xvg
pullf308.xvg
pullf324.xvg
pullf344.xvg
pullf369.xvg
pullf383.xvg
pullf392.xvg
pullf422.xvg
pullf450.xvg
pullf463.xvg
pullf479.xvg
pullf497.xvg
pullf499.xvg

I used this method several times before, and did not come across this problem.
could anybody tell me where is the problem?
Thanks

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy