I used the tool g_cluster of gromacs (4.5.1) to obtain clusters from my
simulations. As option of g_cluster, you can chose the cluster algorithm
gromos.

"gromos: use algorithm as described in Daura et al. (Angew. Chem. Int. Ed.
1999, 38, pp 236-240). Count number of neighbors using cut-off, take structure
with largest number of neighbors with all its neighbors as cluster and
eliminate it from the pool of clusters. Repeat for remaining structures in
pool."

The reference of Daura seems not correct. In such paper  I did not found
information or description about how the algorithm works.
Someone has a correct reference or can help me to find it ?

best,
Antonio