On 5/25/15 3:48 AM, Brett wrote:
Dear All,

Suppose I have completed a production MD, and I want to get the distance of
OD1 of ASP204 in chain G and NH1 of ARG42 in chain A for the last 5 ns in the
MD, will you please tell me the detailed command of gmx distance (how to
write the input file and output file in the command) on how to get the
distance?

I'm not well versed in the new selection syntax (though it is really quite flexible), but this is trivial to do in conjunction with the "old way" of making index files with make_ndx and then calling gmx distance:

chain G & r 204 & a OD1
chain A & r 42 & a NH1

Then just invoke gmx distance -select "com of group x plus com of group y" (subbing in x and y as appropriate).

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy