On 6/19/15 1:35 PM, John Degenstein wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to build a bigger liquid phase (1000) from a small cluster of
molecules (125). So far I have succeeded in forming the small cluster of
125 molecules shown in the below image. This was after running gmx trjconv
... -pbc cluster -center to bring the molecules into the middle of the box.

http://i.imgur.com/nlgDUzh.png

Now, the seemingly very trivial issue I am having is that I cannot figure
out how to remove the empty space surrounding the cluster. I would like to
do this automatically rather than by manually specifying a box size. Can
anyone suggest a workflow for doing this?

Determining the box size from maximum and minimum coordinates along each axis should be simple from the coordinate file, otherwise apply a position restraint and run a couple of steps of NPT and the box will shrink down to fit the system.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy