On 7/27/15 1:03 AM, Ganesh Shahane wrote:
Hi Justin,

Yes. I tried the same, but during the preparation of the .tpr file using
grompp it gives an error saying "No default proper dihedral types" for 3
dihedral angles which are not present in the ffbonded.itp of the charmm36
force-field. These 3 dihedrals consist of atoms that encompass the alkyl
amine and the indole groups of serotonin.

Now, if I remove these dihedrals in question from the serotonin's .itp file
which I have prepared, the simulation runs just fine. I am trying to
calculate the free energy of solvation for serotonin. Considering this, is
it okay to ignore some of these dihedrals?

Absolutely not. You can't just delete inconvenient interactions. If there are missing parameters, you need to derive suitable dihedral terms. Or just throw the molecule at ParamChem and see how it does. CGenFF should work fine for this molecule.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy