On 7/29/15 2:32 AM, James Lord wrote:
Hi all,
I have made an oil slab (energy minimized, equilibrated nvt and npt), some
of the oil molecules are at the other end (periodicity).
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0YMTXH1gmQsYmdvQ3huYWtDaGs

then I decided to increase the box size in z direction a bit to make enough
room for protein, using

editconf -f OCT_npt.gro -oOCT_newbox.gro -box  6.47271 6.47271 16 -noc

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0YMTXH1gmQsT1M3dzBNNTJrT28

I used the last flag to put the oil at the ends of box but it is not doing
for one end? any thoughts?

You have broken molecules. Make them whole with trjconv before resizing the box. Note that with -noc, your slab will always be on one "end" of the box, but the distinction between "ends" is irrelevant with periodicity.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy