Hello,

I am having some troubles efficiently running simulations in parallel on a
gpu-cluster. The cluster has 8 GPUs and 16 CPUs. Currently, the command that I
am using is:

mpirun -np 8 mdrun_mpi -multi 8 -nice 4 -s md -o md -c after_md -v -x frame
-pin on

Per-simulation, the performance I am getting with this command is significantly
lower than running 1 simulation that uses 1 GPU and 2 CPUs alone. This command
seems to use all 8 GPUs and 16 CPUs on the 8 parallel simulations, although I
think this would be faster if I could pin each simulation to a specific GPU and
pair of CPUs. The -gpu_id option does not seem to change anything when I am
using the mpirun. Is there a way that I can efficiently run the 8 simulations
on the cluster by specifying the GPU and CPUs to run with each simulation?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

-Maxwell