On 1/4/16 10:41 PM, Pallavi Banerjee wrote:
Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply.

I want to implement this wacky idea because a part of the potential of the
system needs to be input in a tabulated form (referring to Iterative
Boltzmann Inversion) and the other part (solvent-solvent) interaction is
defined by sigma and epsilon, which I again input in the form of a table
since GROMACS does not  support both tabulated and non-tabulated at the
same time.

So, then, am I right to understand that eqn 4.28 of manual-5.1 is the
functional form of potential of the force-switch method, and that there is
no documentation provided for potential-switch?

It may not be in the GROMACS manual, but is it not the same as what is in Steinbach and Brooks JCC (1994) 15: 667-683, like the force-switch is? This is the CHARMM potential switching, which should be the same, IIRC.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy