On 8/29/16 12:16 AM, Tushar Modi wrote:
Hello

I am trying to calculate mass weighted covariance matrix using a Gromacs
Topology file <tpr> and a trajectory file <xtc>. The trajectory has only
protein coordinates.
 I am using "gmx_mpi covar" function for the same. I am using following
format from the documentation:

gmx_mpi covar -f <traj> -s <topology> -ascii -mwa -b <> -e <>

I have tried it both with and without mwa, but in both cases the log file
generated says that the analysis is non mass weighted.
Does that mean that the covariance matrix is also non mass weighted or not??

Are the covariances matrices generated with and without explicit mass weighting different? This could just be a simple output bug and nothing in the actual calculation. What version of GROMACS are you using?

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy