On 8/4/17 4:42 AM, yujie liu wrote:

Hello, users
I’m a novice to study the gromacs program. Now I met some problems which the small molecule occurred deformation when energy minimization was performed. For example, the anthracene molecule became bent in the plane of C-rings, the same as phenol. I want to know whether the situation is normal? In addition, I employed gromos54a7.ff

Slight out-of-plane distortions are possible because the rings aren't fully rigid. But if you're seeing significant distortion, it suggests your topology is wrong, likely due to missing or incorrect improper dihedrals, which serve to prevent out-of-plane deformation.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy