On 1/14/18 11:29 AM, Faezeh Pousaneh wrote:
Thank you Justin, now I understood. However, I do not have any target data
for my system. What do you suggest? the longer rcoulomb is safer, right?

Not necessarily. Longer cutoffs do not imply greater accuracy, nor does any specific value. It depends on your model. You have to demonstrate to a skeptical audience that your methods are sound. That requires describing a known system and its structure, energetics, and dynamics. Then you can move to predicting unknowns. Without that, there's no control to determine if your work is meaningful or a random number generator.

-Justin

Best regards