On 1/17/18 5:51 AM, Vidya R wrote:
Hi Justin,

I got the same result as you said.

What confused me was,  when I viewed movie.pdb file generated by the
following command,

  gmx trjconv -pbc nojump -s PRD-SMP3.gro -f PRD-SMP3.xtc -e 10000.0 -n
index.ndx -o movie.pdb

two hydrogen molecules of my organic compound, were unbonded to my molecule
(which is not supposed to be).  They are far away from molecules (their
bonds were broken)

Is it a pbc problem?

Because, when I used

gmx trjconv -pbc whole -s PRD.tpr -f PRD.xtc -o trajwhole.xtc
gmx trjconv -pbc nojump -s PRD.tpr -f trajwhole.xtc -o trajcluster.xtc
gmx trjconv -pbc mol -center -s PRD.tpr -f trajcluster.xtc -o newtraj.xtc

and created a .pdb file with newtraj.xtc, the whole molecule was intact.

Making molecules whole should always be the first step. If you try to remove jumps with "broken" molecules, what you visualize will be garbage. A separate issue is with respect to the analysis programs - many are PBC-aware and can handle the original trajectory without manipulation.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor

303 Engel Hall