On 6/21/18 2:35 AM, Own 12121325 wrote:
and without append flag it will produce an output in the separate file,
won't it?

No, because appending is the default behavior. Specifying -append just invokes what mdrun does on its own. If you want a separate file, add -noappend to your mdrun command.

-Justin

gmx convert-tpr -s init.tpr -o next.tpr -extend 500000
gmx mdrun -s next.tpr -cpi the_last_chekpoint.cpt