Hi Everyone,

I'm currently trying to run some simulations that involve the absorption of N2
into a liquid solvent. I'm having some difficulty in generating the topology
for N2. For reference, the pdb file I have for N2 is as follows:

HETATM    1  N6B HDZ     0       0.000   0.000   0.553  1.00  0.00           N
HETATM    2  N6A HDZ     0       0.000   0.000  -0.553  1.00  0.00           N
CONECT    1    2
CONECT    2    1
END

When I try to generate the .itp file and topology via pdb2gmx (OPLS), gromacs
doesn't recognise the residue. I've tried using both the LigParGen server and
the PRODRG to generate the topology, but neither work. PRODRG generates an
error saying it does not deal with mono/di-atomic molecules and LigParGen won't
recognise N2 at all.

I haven't had any trouble generating topologies for other small gas molecules
such as CH4, am I missing something here or are OPLS parameters not possible
for N2? Should I use some other forcefield for N2?

Thanks in advance everyone,

JOSHUA Cummings