Hi,

I am trying to apply a surface tension to a membrane bilayer, below is the mdp
parameters I am using:
pcoupl         = Berendsen
 pcoupltype     = surface-tension
 tau_p          = 10.0 10.0
 ref_p          = 500  1.0
 compressibility = 4.5e-5 4.5e-5

I have two questions:

1, In the manual it is mentioned that compressibility should be accurate
enough, I am wondering what is the recommend compressibility if I am trying to
simulate a POPC bilayer.

2, In the manual, it is also mentioned that the compressibility of z direction
can also be set to 0, so that one can get a constant height. If I use

compressibility = 4.5e-5 0

can I still get a physical correct ensemble (NPT)? How a constant height may
affect the simulation system? I am running a membrane protein, and the main
focus is the protein in my case.

I am thinking to use a constant height, because the force field I am using
(charmm36) may result a mysterious sudden expansion of the bilayer in gromacs.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate.

Cheers,

Ruo-Xu Gu,