Hello everyone,

I would call myself newbie gromacs user and need some help with task that was given to me. I'm supposed to take protein-ligand complex (bounded by covalence bond) and put it into membrane. I'm glad I've created the complex in amber force field. But now I stucked around membrane think.

I have created DLPC-only membrane cluster in charmm-gui. I have found parameters for this type of lipid. I did add additional names for atom in atomtypes.atp, include ffbonded_lipid.itp and ffnonbonded_lipit.itp files to forcefrield.itp and put into amber forcefield directory t he lipids.rtp file. Gladly everything went smoothly with pdb2gmx with my membrane. I get topol.top file. Then I wanted to try minimize energy. I've prepared .mdp file and used gromp with:

gmx grompp -f minim.mdp -c membrane_solv.gro -p topol.top -o em.tpr

Unexpectedly I get error "Unknown bond_atomtype CTL3", though CTL3 is defined in atomtypes.atp and the bond have its parameters inside the ffbond.itp file. It's really strange for me, beacuse I thought that if topol.top file was created there is no possibility to get some troubles with defined atoms, bonds, etc.

Where did I make mistake?