Hello Everyone,

I have solved this problem. However,i would like to ask how can I make an index file for Temperature Coupling for Protein_Zn_Ligand? When i tried to make the index group for the Protein_Zn_Ligand and I got the following error. Is the nvt simulation correct if i don't add Zn to the Temperature Coupling?

Program: gmx grompp, version 2019.1
Source file: src/gromacs/gmxpreprocess/readir.cpp (line 2667)

Fatal error:
Atom 4265 in multiple T-Coupling groups (1 and 2)

The nvt parameters are mentioned below:

title = Protein-ligand complex NVT equilibration
define = -DPOSRES -DPOSRES_LIG ; position restrain the protein and ligand
; Run parameters
integrator = md ; leap-frog integrator
nsteps = 30000 ; 2 * 50000 = 100 ps
dt = 0.002 ; 2 fs
; Output control
nstenergy = 500 ; save energies every 1.0 ps
nstlog = 500 ; update log file every 1.0 ps #include
nstxout-compressed = 500 ; save coordinates every 1.0 ps
; Bond parameters
continuation = no ; first dynamics run
constraint_algorithm = lincs ; holonomic constraints
constraints = h-bonds ; bonds to H are constrained
lincs_iter = 1 ; accuracy of LINCS
lincs_order = 4 ; also related to accuracy
; Neighbor searching and vdW
cutoff-scheme = Verlet
ns_type = grid ; search neighboring grid cells
nstlist = 20 ; largely irrelevant with Verlet
rlist = 1.2
vdwtype = cutoff
vdw-modifier = force-switch
rvdw-switch = 1.0
rvdw = 1.2 ; short-range van der Waals cutoff (in nm)
; Electrostatics
coulombtype = PME ; Particle Mesh Ewald for long-range electrostatics
rcoulomb = 1.2 ; short-range electrostatic cutoff (in nm)
pme_order = 4 ; cubic interpolation
fourierspacing = 0.16 ; grid spacing for FFT
; Temperature coupling
tcoupl = V-rescale ; modified Berendsen thermostat
tc-grps = Protein_NAD Water_and_ions ; two coupling groups - more accurate
tau_t = 0.1 0.1 ; time constant, in ps
ref_t = 300 300 ; reference temperature, one for each group, in K
; Pressure coupling
pcoupl = no ; no pressure coupling in NVT
; Periodic boundary conditions
pbc = xyz ; 3-D PBC
; Dispersion correction is not used for proteins with the C36 additive FF
DispCorr = no
; Velocity generation
gen_vel = yes ; assign velocities from Maxwell distribution
gen_temp = 300 ; temperature for Maxwell distribution
gen_seed = -1 ; generate a random seed

Please let me know if i am doing something wrong. Thanks for your time.

With kind regards,
Amit