On 4/10/20 4:17 PM, Alex wrote:
On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 9:19 AM Justin Lemkul <jalem...@vt.edu> wrote:

On 4/10/20 9:16 AM, Alex wrote:
Thank you for the response.

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 9:02 AM Justin Lemkul <jalem...@vt.edu> wrote:

On 4/10/20 8:13 AM, Alex wrote:
Dear Justin,
Any comment please?
Sorry, haven't had power/network for a while due to some bad storms
here.
GROMOS force fields are parametrized assuming all bonds are fixed, so
your constraints should be "all-bonds" not "h-bonds."

Interesting, hopefully that is the problem.
By constraining all the bonds  "constraints = all-bonds", the simulation
crashes in the first step immediately irrespective to the starting point of
simulation, even if I continue the old working simulation.

Now we're getting somewhere. That suggests that at least one bond has deviated substantially from its equilibrium length, such that the constraint algorithm fails immediately. This also likely underlies the original failure - forces are building up on some atoms such that mdrun crashes.

You have either a bad geometry, inadequate topology, or both. Inspect the molecule(s) that mdrun complains about to see if the molecules are distorted by computing bond lengths and comparing against the force field's parameters.

It may be beneficial to re-minimize and equilibrate with the proper constraint scheme after validating that the topology is of sufficient quality.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall