Von: gromacs.org_gmx-users-boun...@maillist.sys.kth.se
[gromacs.org_gmx-users-boun...@maillist.sys.kth.se]" im Auftrag von
"Justin Lemkul [jalem...@vt.edu]
Gesendet: Freitag, 17. April 2020 13:10
An: gmx-us...@gromacs.org
Betreff: Re: [gmx-users] atomtype "OE" in charmm36

On 4/17/20 4:45 AM, Schirra, Simone wrote:
> Dear Gromacs users,
>
> I want to simulate polyethylene glycol and I am using a script to build my
> .itp and .gro files. The script is designed to work with charmm35r, however I
> only found charmm36 available now (I read, that c35r was only temporary). I
> thought, it should work with this version as well.
> When I try energy minimization, the atomtype OE is not found. OE is used for
> the ether oxygen's in the itp file.
> I also found an ether toppar file at MacKerell Lab Hompage, however it seems
> to be designed for use with charmm rather than gromacs.

Which toppar file are you trying to use?

> Is there a way to convert it for use with gromacs? Or is there another
> definition I can use to work with my PEG? Or maybe c35r is still somewhere
> around?

C35r became C36 in official implementation. Likely the atom type just
got renamed or assumed into an existing one, but without knowing which
topology you're using, I can't comment. The PEO "toppar_ether" from
Alex's site doesn't have anything called OE in it.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall