This bug was fixed in the package pciutils - 1:3.3.1-1.1ubuntu1.3

---------------
pciutils (1:3.3.1-1.1ubuntu1.3) xenial; urgency=medium

  * d/p/09-update-2018-07-21-pciids.patch:
    - Update pci.ids to version 2018-07-21. (LP: #1815212)

 -- Eric <eric.desroch...@canonical.com>  Sun, 10 Feb 2019 18:27:49
+0000

** Changed in: pciutils (Ubuntu Xenial)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  [Xenial][Bionic][SRU] Update pci.ids to version 2018.07.21

Status in pciutils package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in pciutils source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in pciutils source package in Bionic:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  [Impact]

  pci.ids table in Xenial seems a little bit behind in term of new
  device id added since last time it was updated.

  Some user are observing that their new device doesn't show up because
  they don't exist in the pci.ids file yet.

  User or troubleshooter may get a wrong impression that, for instance,
  the correct raid controller is not present, if the user doesn't read
  the PCI bus address.

  While we are here, I will update Xenial and Bionic to be at the same
  version level (Version: 2018.07.21) of current devel release (Disco)
  which isn't too far behind current upstream (github) one in master
  branch.

  x/pciutils-3.3.1/pci.ids:#    Version: 2016.01.02
  b/pciutils-3.5.2/pci.ids:#    Version: 2017.03.16
  c/pciutils-3.5.2/pci.ids:#    Version: 2018.07.21
  d/pciutils-3.5.2/pci.ids:#    Version: 2018.07.21
  upstream/pciutils/pci.ids:#   Version: 2018.08.12

  [Test case]

  * Deploy Xenial and/or Bionic system.
  * Run 'lspci' command took from the pciutils package found in the Ubuntu
archive
  * Look all listed devices are recognised with the proper device
name/vendor/...

  Here's an example took by a user using a device id (0014) not in the
  Xenial pci.ids table:

  lspci on Xenial:
  60:00.0 RAID bus controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic Device 0014 (rev 01)

  lspci on Bionic:
  60:00.0 RAID bus controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID Tri-Mode
SAS3516 (rev 01)

  [Pending SRU status]

  * XENIAL

  - Regression in autopkgtest for linux-oracle

https://objectstorage.prodstack4-5.canonical.com/v1/AUTH_77e2ada1e7a84929a74ba3b87153c0ac/autopkgtest-xenial/xenial/amd64/l/linux-oracle/20190211_192705_fa550@/log.gz

  ERROR: running version does not match source package
  Source Package Version: 4.15.0-1008.10~16.04.1
  Running Kernel Version: 4.4.0-142.168

  ==> https://launchpad.net/bugs/1723223

  - Regression in autopkgtest for linux (i386): test log

  Recurrent failure from various trigger
  (not introduced by this ongoing SRU)
  http://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/packages/l/linux/xenial/i386

  * BIONIC

  - Regression in autopkgtest for linux-oracle (amd64): test log

https://objectstorage.prodstack4-5.canonical.com/v1/AUTH_77e2ada1e7a84929a74ba3b87153c0ac/autopkgtest-bionic/bionic/amd64/l/linux-oracle/20190211_163710_b6f0a@/log.gz

  Source Package Version: 4.15.0-1008.10
  Running Kernel Version: 4.15.0-45.48
  ERROR: running version does not match source package

  ==> https://launchpad.net/bugs/1723223

  - Regression in autopkgtest for linux-gcp-edge (amd64): test log

https://objectstorage.prodstack4-5.canonical.com/v1/AUTH_77e2ada1e7a84929a74ba3b87153c0ac/autopkgtest-bionic/bionic/amd64/l/linux-gcp-edge/20190211_163830_8dce2@/log.gz

  Source Package Version: 4.15.0-1008.10
  Running Kernel Version: 4.15.0-45.48
  ERROR: running version does not match source package

  ==> https://launchpad.net/bugs/1723223

  - Regression in autopkgtest for linux (ppc64el): test log
  - Regression in autopkgtest for linux (i386): test log

  Recurrent failure from various trigger
  (not introduced by this ongoing SRU)
  http://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/packages/l/linux/bionic/ppc64el
  http://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/packages/l/linux/bionic/i386

  [Regression Potential]

  Low, no core functionality change.
  The intention is to only update pci.ids table list to recognise new PCI
vendor/product list, by updating it to the same version level as Cosmic and
Disco has as of today.

  The only thing I can think of ...
  In some cases there is some device id renaming, which I guess can "possibly"
impact some user script and/or HW inventory solution. If this happens to
certain users, I don't expect it to have a major impact and this should can be
consider low and easy to fix by the user or admin of the HW inventory solution
... IMHO.

  Example:
  - 67df  Ellesmere [Polaris10]
  + 67df  Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480]

  [Other information]

  Confirmed w/ vorlon (SRU verification team) on #ubuntu-release

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#Other_safe_cases

  For Long Term Support releases we regularly want to enable new
  hardware. Such changes are appropriate provided that we can ensure not
  to affect upgrades on existing hardware. For example, modaliases of
  newly introduced drivers must not overlap with previously shipped
  drivers. This also includes updating hardware description data such as
  udev's keymaps, media-player-info, mobile broadband vendors, or PCI
  vendor/product list updates.