@ahanins or @me.neerajkhandelwal,

Could any of you provide the config files @ahasenack has asked ?

Meanwhile, I'll re-flag this as incomplete again.

** Changed in: openvpn (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: openvpn (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Also affects: openvpn (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: openvpn (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: openvpn (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Changed in: openvpn (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: openvpn (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: openvpn (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: openvpn (Ubuntu Xenial)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  google-authenticator with openvpn fails on 16.04

Status in openvpn package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in openvpn source package in Xenial:
  Incomplete
Status in openvpn source package in Bionic:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  We are using a standard https://openvpn.net/ community server, with
  2-factor authentication via Google Authenticator enabled

  This has worked with latest version of openvpn in 14.04 (all through
  only via the terminal)

  When doing a fresh install of 16.04, and initiating the vpn from the
  terminal with: openvpnvpn client-config.ovpn it ends with this error:

  Fri Apr 29 10:12:27 2016 SENT CONTROL [OpenVPN Server]: 'PUSH_REQUEST'
(status=1)
  Fri Apr 29 10:12:27 2016 AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED,Google
Authenticator Code must be a number
  Fri Apr 29 10:12:27 2016 SIGTERM[soft,auth-failure] received, process exiting

  We have noticed that the user/password + google authenticator dialog
  has changed from the old one

  Enter Auth Username: ****
  Enter Auth Password: ****************
  CHALLENGE: Enter Google Authenticator Code
  Response: ******

  All info is now hidden with asterisks, where only the password was in
  the old version

  We suspect something wrongly happens when parsing the google-
  authenticator response

  Thank you