Xenial has reached its end of standard support.

** Changed in: mysql-5.7 (Ubuntu Xenial)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  If apt-get upgrade is run on mysql server when the server is disabled,
  the upgrade fails.

Status in mysql-5.7 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in mysql-5.7 source package in Xenial:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Since I only use the mysql server for development, I tend to keep the server
disabled with systemctl. If mysql server is upgraded while the service is
disabled, apt-get fails. To remedy this, I must run "systemctl enable mysqld"
before "apt-get upgrade". Since I found a work around, it isn't a big deal, but
a less experienced user may have trouble diagnosing this. Possible solutions
are:
  1) Better error message
  2) If the server must be running for upgrade, the upgrade could start it.
Maybe prompting first.