This bug was fixed in the package ubuntu-advantage-tools -
27.13.5~23.04.1

---------------
ubuntu-advantage-tools (27.13.5~23.04.1) lunar; urgency=medium

  * d/ubuntu-advantage-tools.postinst:
    - fix version for cleaning the esm-apps stale unauthenticated files
      (LP: #2006765)

 -- Renan Rodrigo <renanrodr...@canonical.com>  Thu, 09 Feb 2023
14:20:47 -0300

** Changed in: ubuntu-advantage-tools (Ubuntu Lunar)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  Make the esm-apps advertisment on apt-get upgrade clearer

Status in ubuntu-advantage-tools package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in ubuntu-advantage-tools source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in ubuntu-advantage-tools source package in Bionic:
  Fix Released
Status in ubuntu-advantage-tools source package in Focal:
  Fix Released
Status in ubuntu-advantage-tools source package in Jammy:
  Fix Released
Status in ubuntu-advantage-tools source package in Kinetic:
  Fix Released
Status in ubuntu-advantage-tools source package in Lunar:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  [ Impact ]

  User might be confused that esm-apps is not delivering more security
  updates to universe if the service is available, not that is blocking
  package to receive security updates unless the service is enabled

  [Test Case]

  To test this fix we will add an integration test that target the
  scenario where we deliver esm-apps messages on apt-upgrade. We will
  check if we delivering the new message if the new package is
  installed.

  [ Regression Potential ]

  We are just modifying the APT message. The only regression possible is
  that users might be manually parsing APT output, which will now
  change. However, this is not a good practice and shouldn't be
  supported.

  [Discussion]

  The following message can now appear on the output of apt-get upgrade:

  ----------------------
  The following security updates require Ubuntu Pro with 'esm-apps' enabled:
  <PACKAGES>

  This message has caused some confusion among the users. One
  interpretation is that those fixes can only be delivered if the esm-
  apps service is enabled in the machine. However, this is not true, the
  community can still provide fixes for the packages in universe. What
  the esm-apps service will provide is more updates for those packages,
  not restrict how those packages are updated.

  Because of that, we are changing the message to: