Christopher Morrow writes:
 > On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Jay Borkenhagen <j...@braeburn.org> wrote:
 >
 > > confusion and disappointment: "I sent the BLACKHOLE community to
 > > upstream-X and to upstream-Y, and I got different results.  How come?"
 > >

 > Doesn't this presuppose that the community ends up making some action
 > happen by default? the draft skips talking about default-action (vendor
 > enforced action), and I think leaves the implementation up to the
 > provider/operator.
 >
 > So... in the end your providerX may accept BLACKHOLE and 'blackhole' or
 > they may just 'drop on output port'.  While providerY may not do anything
 > with BLACKHOLE, just because they don't believe in that sort of magic.
 >
 > This is the same situation as we have today: "I sent 7018:666, nothing
 > happened?" "Oh! you forgot to do the setup-dance with 7018..."
 > (s/7018/ANY/).

Hi Chris,

I'm not presupposing any default action (and I agree router vendors
should not attempt any default action in this regard).

Here's the comparison I think should be made:

Today anyone who wants to use RTBH has a number of things they need to
know about their providers' implementations:

 - is RTBH supported?  if so:
 - what signaling community is used?
 - in-band or special ebgp-multihop session?
 - host-route only, or something different?
 - is any pre-arrangement necessary, and has it been taken care of?
 - will a maximum duration be enforced?

If this draft proceeds and is successful in standardizing a signaling
community, only one item has been removed from that list.  That
doesn't seem like a big win to me.

Thanks.

                                                Jay B.