Hi all,

I am new in protobuff... and I already need some help.

Here a simple sample I have successfuly created, a simple service which
getData from a server..
I get an error (An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote
host), just after the client received the final acknowledgement.
It means I can not use ma servezr more than once :)

I am using, on windows7,

Java 8

protoc:3.0.0-beta-2

protoc-gen-grpc-java:0.14.0

protobuf-maven-plugin 0.5.0

grpc-netty 0.14.0

grpc-protobuf 0.14.0

grpc-stub 0.14.0

On Client Side,

ManagedChannel channel = ManagedChannelBuilder.forAddress(host, port)
 .usePlaintext(true)
 .build();ViewServiceGrpc.ViewServiceBlockingClient blockingStub =
ViewServiceGrpc.newBlockingStub(channel);
blockingStub.getData();

channel.shutdown();

On the server Side:

server = ServerBuilder.forPort(port).addService(ViewServiceGrpc.bindService(
new ViewServiceGrpc.ViewService() {
 public void getData(View request, StreamObserver<Ack> responseObserver) {
 switch (request.getDataCase()) {

 responseObserver.onNext(Ack.newBuilder().setAckMessage("ACK_OK").build());
 responseObserver.onCompleted();
 }

 })).build();
 server.start();

Everything is OK, except this error on server side

juin 28, 2016 3:33:47 PM io.grpc.netty.NettyServerHandler onConnectionError
AVERTISSEMENT: Connection Error java.io.IOException: Une connexion
existante a dû être fermée par l’hôte distant at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher
.read0(Native Method) at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.
java:43) at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:223) at sun.
nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:192) at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(
SocketChannelImpl.java:380) at io.netty.buffer.PooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.
setBytes(PooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.java:288) at io.netty.buffer.
AbstractByteBuf.writeBytes(AbstractByteBuf.java:1054) at io.netty.channel.
socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doReadBytes(NioSocketChannel.java:245) at io.
netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(
AbstractNioByteChannel.java:106) at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.
processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:527) at io.netty.channel.nio.
NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:484) at io.netty
.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:398) at io.
netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:370) at io.netty.util.
concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:
742) at io.netty.util.concurrent.
DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:
145) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) juin 28, 2016 3:33:47 PM io.
grpc.netty.NettyServerTransport notifyTerminated GRAVE: Transport failed
[...]

Thanks for your help.