Paul,

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 10:00 AM, Paul Grosu <pgr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand the need, but rushing things with a complex programming
> project such as this does not always translate into quality.  With this
> project I would prefer Google to take their time to do it right.  The gRPC
> team are doing fantastic service, but already they feel way too stretched
> out in terms of resources, and that can be clearly seen from some of the
> reverted pull requests
>
> Lately PRs have been flying off the shelf more frequently than usual -
> assuming in preparation for the GA release, which is listed as 2 months
> behind schedule - and there are still 111 PRs with 554 open issues in the
> queue on Github.  Once things stabilize, then maybe we can revisit
> something that would be testable as a release candidate.   We don't even
> have the step-wise design specifications for the project - including target
> features for release - and the project's guide for the team seems to be
> just a spreadsheet.

In the interests of efficiency we have tried to use GitHub milestones to
communicate what would be in a specific release. Take a look at some of the
1.1 milestones for features that have been pushed to 'next'
Going forward we'll probably assess whether the use of milestones was an
effective form of communication, it's certainly been a challenge to lean on
GitHub while communicating progress on features that span several projects.
This is definitely an area we'll try to do better on going forward