Thank you for this update. I updated to 1.0.0-pre2 and got rid of my own
timer that releases a created channel after a certain period.

It sends a GO_AWAY packet when the status is changed to IDLE. Do I have to
release this channel or is it safe to reuse this channel? If I can reuse
the channel, it looks like I no longer need to release the channel.

It would be really great if there's a documentation about managing channels
as well.