Reading another thread made me want to tweak my statement:

> Only in very heavy throughput (when we start talking about trying to fully
> saturate a server NIC) should you even begin to consider do something else.

Even in that case you probably shouldn't use multiple Channels. Instead,
you would want a load balancer that might make multiple connections to the
backend. Use different channels when you are contacting different backends.
That is the only form of "channel pool" you might want: to look up a single
shared Channel per backend.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/CA%2B4M1oNFzxWYAj%3DTv%3DJLZmuEqLQH40FTyK0fXAtop5H1Lf%3D1nQ%40mail.gmail.com.