Hi,

I'm implementing a distributed system and it seems that gRPC would be a
great fit for my project. However I have quite simple problem: can a single
CompletionQueue be used both for listening for incoming RPC calls to a
local server, and for responses to RPC calls initiated from the process? It
would seem to make sense, but I want to make sure it's supported. I would
like to avoid having separate queues, and doing active polling on them. My
system is completely decentralised, and I need to have each node both send
and respond to requests from other nodes simultaneously.

My communication protocol is divided into three phases:
1. Node A picks another one (B) in a partially random fashion and sends a
small request to it
2. Node B responds with requested data and also requests some additional
information from A
3. Node A responds with the information

However, since there's no hierarchy, both A and B should be able to start
this cycle.

Thanks,
Adam Paszke

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/43bab32b-9c38-47d9-9e06-a8921a362bb4%40googlegroups.com.