The number of queued tags is not available via any public api for the
completion queue. I will add a github issue to add that to our internal
tracing of completion queues, as I agree that it could be useful data.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/fdaf559e-0dbd-4011-8fdb-893b24239a72%40googlegroups.com.