With some backoff-related changes[1] released in grpc 1.8.0, I'm reviewing
the available channel_args for configuration[2] and trying to resolve those
with the backoff spec[3].

The doc comment for grpc.min_reconnect_backoff_ms says it's the "minimum
time between subsequent connection attempts, in ms," but I believe that
value is used as the spec's MIN_CONNECT_TIMEOUT, in which case subsequent
attempts could be made after less than that amount of time, assuming the
first attempt fails quickly and INITIAL_BACKOFF (configurable with
"grpc.initial_reconnect_backoff_ms")
is set to less than MIN_CONNECT_TIMEOUT (as in the default configuration,
where MIN_TIMEOUT_CONNECT is 20 seconds, and INITIAL_BACKOFF is 1 second).

If the above is correct, should grpc.min_reconnect_backoff_ms be renamed
and the documentation changed to reflect its actual usage as the
MIN_CONNECT_TIMEOUT?

Thanks.
-hume.

[1]: https://github.com/grpc/grpc/pull/13121/files