On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 3:44 AM, 'yz' via grpc.io <grpc-io@googlegroups.com>
wrote:

> We are implementing authentication on gRPC  Golang server. When a client
> connect to the server, it needs to send the token to the server to
> authenticate itself, and the server will save the auth info. When the
> client disconnect, the server should remove the auth info. But I could not
> find a way to be notified when the connection is closed. Does this kind of
> transportation supported on gRPC golang server?

I strongly discourage this sort of design. I'd suggest the client provide
some authentication token in each RPC (this is inexpensive on-the-wire with
HPACK) and optimize using a cache on server-side if necessary.

gRPC is free to recreate connections at any point, or use multiple
connections. Also such a service would not work through an L7 load
balancer, although I admit many people don't care about that case.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/CA%2B4M1oOOfUUDgNAoYjCXBhAfe6JmydHEFeb6HAF--i2V0o2f7g%40mail.gmail.com.