The first stack trace's cause is truncated so I'm not sure what happened
there, but the second includes "at
io.grpc.netty.shaded.io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.setHandshakeFailure(SslHandler.java:1792)"
after
"
io.grpc.netty.shaded.io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.channelInactive(SslHandler.java:1073)
", which I believe indicates that the channel - for an unknown (possibly
truncated in the stack trace?) reason - moved to idle during the TLS
handshake. As for why this would happen under load: just taking a guess,
but is it possible your server is performing a blocking operation in the
Netty event loop? I don't think MAX_CONCURRENT_STREAMS-related capacity
issue would result in this stack trace, as the connection should be more or
less cleanly rejected rather than moving a connected channel to inactive
mid-handshake as suggested by the provided stacktrace.

Thanks,

Eric