There are two parts to this question: the resolver API and the LB policy
API.  I'll answer both separately.

For the LB policy API:

   - We currently have no plan to ever expose the ability to implement new
   LB policies in wrapped languages.  The reason for this is that the LB
   policy is on our critical performance path: it actually gets invoked at
   least once for each individual RPC.  It would basically kill performance to
   hop out of C-core and up into the wrapped language layer and then back into
   core for every individual RPC, so we don't think this is feasible.
   - That having been said, we would like at some point to provide a stable
   C++ LB policy API, so that new LB policies can be written in C++ and
   plugged directly into C-core, at which point they would work for any
   wrapped language.  However, this work is currently blocked on the
   EventManager work, since we can't expose our current API without exposing a
   bunch of our current ugly polling subsystem, which we don't want to expose
   as a public API.

For the resolver API:

   - Unlike the LB policy API, the resolver API is not
   performance-critical, and we do want to eventually expose a public API in
   wrapped languages for implementing new resolvers.   This will require first
   adding a new API to the C-core API to allow a resolver plugin to be
   injected from the wrapped language layer and then implementing an idiomatic
   API on top of that in each wrapped language.
   - The links that Srini provided reflect the current state of this.  I
   don't think there's anything preventing this from moving forward, except
   that no one has had time to work on it.

I hope this information is helpful.

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 11:37 AM 'Srini Polavarapu' via grpc.io <
grpc-io@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, no. This is a long pending item that is resource starved.
> See https://github.com/grpc/grpc/pull/16617 and
> https://github.com/grpc/grpc/issues/11685.
>

> On Sunday, November 8, 2020 at 7:53:25 PM UTC-8 stef...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Hello guys.
>>
>> I found "Resolver" and "Balancer" in Java and Go,  Is there have in
>> Python ?
>> If not , How can I do ?  I am plan to use them with zookeeper , as
>> Service Found
>>
>> Can I build custom c-core version  for Python ?

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/3d95d058-ab2d-419d-b6d2-c745828f53d1n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/3d95d058-ab2d-419d-b6d2-c745828f53d1n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Mark D. Roth <r...@google.com>
Software Engineer