There is no roadmap to remove them that I am aware of. As for whether these
functions are handled safely everywhere, that seems like an alternate way
of asking if gRPC has bugs related to this. What I CAN tell you is that the
code is continuously tested, and I would imagine that if there was a bug
related to the usage, it would get fixed when found.