I am working on a project that currently uses DBUS and I am contemplating
moving it to ProtoBuf/gRPC. (C++ based) Protobuf seems to have many
advantages.

As a newcomer, there are a few questions I had about gRPC:
1. DBUS provides a session bus and a system bus services. gRPC provides a
server implementation of sorts.
2. The documentation seems to be written with the assumption that messages
to the server are client-server conversations (like HTTP). Is there
anything preventing a client from writing a message to the server, then
that message is then broadcast to all connected clients? (Like DBUS)
3. Can the above question be modified to have a publish/subscribe paradigm
so that not all connected clients wake up for every message (limit
CPU/battery usage).
4. Are there any examples of gPRC busses?

Thank you.