I don't think we make any guarantees about thread count right now, over and
above bounded and relatively small.

We are moving to a new design around a thing called EventEngine, which will
allow pluggable IO, thread pools, and timers. I expect once that work is
done we'll be in a position to start to write down some level of guarantees
(I hope, but can't yet commit to 0 threads outside of EventEngine being a
reasonable bar to hit).